Rick Warren (born January 28, 1954) is a best-selling Christian author and founding and senior pastor of Saddleback Church, now one of the largest churches in the United States.
Warren is also a public figure. Particular acollades include being:
* Called “America’s most influential spiritual leader” and “America’s Pastor”.
* Named one of America’s Top 25 Leaders in the October 31, 2005 issue of U.S. News and World Report.
* Selected by TIME magazine:
* As one of 15 World Leaders Who Mattered Most in 2004.
* As one of the 100 Most Influential People in the World (2005).
As an author, Warren is best known for:
* The Purpose Driven Church, which is listed in “100 Christian Books That Changed the 20th Century”, and has been described as “The best book on entrepreneurship, management, and leadership in print.”
* The Purpose Driven Life, which has sold over 25 million copies, making it the bestselling hardback in American history according to Publisher’s Weekly.
His six books have been translated into over 50 languages.
As a public figure, Warren has served as an advisor to figures in public, private and religious organisations on many issues raised in the course of his ministry, notably:
* Leadership development.
* Poverty, health, and education.
* Faith in culture.